Loadshedding likely to continue into week
Updated | By Nomfundo Ngcobo
Stage 2 loadshedding has entered its third day today. Eskom says the system remains constrained, with the situation likely to persist throughout the week.

Spokesperson Sinokathi Mantshantsha says while some of the generation units that broke down last week are back, the cold front has shot demand up.
#POWERALERT 1
— Eskom Hld SOC Ltd (@Eskom_SA) July 11, 2020
Stage 2 loadshedding to continue until 22:00, then resume at 08:00 tomorrow.@News24 @eNCA pic.twitter.com/IQkObJWqA5
He says delays in the return of three other units have contributed to the system being under pressure.
READ: Kwamashu principal gunned down outside school
"Implementing loadshedding is necessary in order to replenish the emergency generational reserves as we prepare for the coming week," he said.
Due to the much colder weather, the demand for electricity has also risen.
"The teams have successfully returned to service three generations at Duvha, Kendal, and Arnot power stations."
Today's loadshedding will end at 10 this evening.
You can find the eThekwini loadshedding schedule here:
Here is Umhlathuze (including Richards Bay) schedule.

Show's Stories
-
Darren Maule's visit to the KZN Integrated Youth Camp
From promise to purpose! Darren Maule visited a youth leadership camp in...
East Coast Breakfast 40 minutes ago -
SA woman excited about being pulled over by cops
While most motorists dread being stopped by traffic police, this young w...
Danny Guselli 2 hours ago