DIRCO working closely with Syrian officials in SA journalist's kidnapping
Updated | By Nushera Soodyal
The Department of International Relations and Cooperation says officials are in contact with their Syrian counterparts - to establish what lead to the kidnapping of a South African journalist in the war-torn country.

Joburg photojournalist, Shiraaz Mohamed, was allegedly kidnapped by armed men on Tuesday.
ALSO READ: Shiraaz Mohamed's family speaks of devastation
The group reportedly stopped the convoy Mohamed had been travelling in - on his way to the Turkish border.
DIRCO'S Nelson Kgwete says they’ll also be offering consular support to Mohamed's family.
ALSO READ: 57 journalists killed worldwide in 2016: NPO
"We have not made contact with him at this point. We are going to make sure that we work with the authorities, to ensure we establish all the relevant information relating to the kidnapping, and also establish the location where the man is being kept, and what the motivation for the kidnapping is," he said.
Show's Stories
-
Here's how microplastics affect your looks
Did you know that microplastics are affecting your health and appearance...
Stacey & J Sbu 2 hours ago -
Darren Maule visits the KZN Integrated Youth Camp
From promise to purpose! Darren Maule visited a youth leadership camp in...
East Coast Breakfast 4 hours ago