Government identifies 37 properties for quarantine sites
Updated | By Jacaranda fm
The Department of Public Works and Infrastructure (DPWI) has identified 37 properties that will be used as quarantine sites.

This is according to Minister Patricia de Lille, who briefed media on Thursday morning on her Department's interventions to fight the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
"One of the key tasks for DPWI has been to identify state-owned buildings which could possibly be used as quarantine sites in all 44 districts and eight metros," said De Lille.
"So far, we have identified 37 properties in various provinces."
Listen below:
The DPWI will also install a fence at the Beitbridge Border between South Africa and Zimbabwe.
The Department says this is to ensure that no undocumented or infected persons cross into the country and vice versa.
READ: Coronavirus: No resources to manage KZN borders, says Zikalala
"This is in line with one of the measures announced by President Cyril Ramaphosa that the country's borders and ports are to be secured with immediate effect," added De Lille.
It's a race against time as the country tries to prevent a worst-case scenario and with new cases of COVID-19 reported each day.
The number of infected persons as of Thursday morning stood at 116 with eight being a result of local transmissions.

Show's Stories
-
Here's how microplastics affect your looks
Did you know that microplastics are affecting your health and appearance...
Stacey & J Sbu 5 hours ago -
Darren Maule visits the KZN Integrated Youth Camp
From promise to purpose! Darren Maule visited a youth leadership camp in...
East Coast Breakfast 7 hours ago